Is your company prepared and trained for an active shooter?
Active Shooter Preparedness
An active shooter is an individual, or more, actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in confined and populated area (FBI). Implicit in this definition is that the subject's criminal actions involve the use of firearms.
Another term being used is “Rampage Shooter” and the definition of these events is “an individual or group activity engaged in killing or the attempted killing of people in an area that is populated or defined by its activity".
What you do in the next
5 minutes or less
may save your life.
THE WORLD IS CHANGING, ARE YOU READY?
According to the FBI, active shooter incidents have more than doubled in the past several years. Unfortunately, it has become an ironic normality in our society. In some cases, the reporting has made us immune. Moreover, it has become so commonplace, that the news of a shooting incident is often trumped by Presidential election coverage or sports championships.
2014 FBI Report of 160 Active shooter Events From 2000 to 2013, This is What we Know
- 160 incidents between 2000 and 2013 or and average of 11.4 annually with an increasing trend
- 1,043 casualties, including killed and wounded (not including shooters)
- 70.0% of incidents occurred in either commerce/business or educational environment
- Shootings occurred in 40 of 50 states and the District of Columbia
- 60.0% ended before police arrived
WHERE IT COULD BE VERIFIED DURATION OF INCIDENTS WERE:
- 5 MINUTES OR LESS AND 23 ENDING IN 2 MINUTES OR LESS
- ASSUMING THE FIRST RESPONDERS ARRIVE WITHIN THOSE FIRST FIVE MINUTES YOU WILL STILL HAVE TO SURVIVE UNTIL THEY CAN COMPLETE THEIR MISSION
THE STATE OF UNCERTAINTY
At the moment you think you hear something odd, out of place with the sounds you ordinarily associate with your environment; you pause, you consider what you think you heard.
You are in the middle of a lecture or meeting and it is your job to complete that lecture or meeting, so you dismiss the odd out of place sounds and continue your lecture/meeting.
Or you’re working in an environment where noises are common i.e. a restaurant, mall, theater etc. where dropped trays can make sounds akin to gun fire, or music is played continuously.
A few seconds or more goes by. You hear the sounds again. Now you are curious and wonder if anyone else has heard the sounds. Some may even ask others in the class/meeting if they heard the unusual sounds “DID YOU HEAR THAT?”, “WHAT WAS THAT?”.
Then the sounds become more distinct: POP, POP, POP; BOOM, BOOM some of the sounds are in rapid succession – automatic, deliberate and possibly in cadence or patterns, or in staccato.
You have just entered into the twilight zone between doubt & recognition and response...
WHO IS THIS training COURSE FOR?
This Active Shooter Preparedness Training Course is for you if:
- You are concerned with the way society is changing?
- You care and want to protect their employees and staff
- The thought of this happening in your place of business is scary... and possible
What if you can protect your employees, students, and management before the police gets there...
How vindex consultants can help
Our Active Shooter Preparedness Training Course is taught by [industry professionals who have twenty years' of international experience as a Senior Operations officer for CIA industry professionals, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) , Special Agent Criminal Investigator (ret). United States Marine Corps <verbiage to be corrected here> ]
The goal of the Active Shooter Preparedness Training Course is to educate, prepare campus administrators, staff members and students for “active shooter” situations by providing information on how they occur and how they may be more effectively prevented. by providing hands on tactical training in:
- PREVENTION: Recognize and deal with indicators of potential active shooter behavior.
- RESPONSE: Techniques you can use when confronted with an active shooter event
- RECOVERY: Learn what to expect when first responders arrive.
This comprehensive and hands on course will prepare and train your employees, students, and management in the unfortunate chance an active shooting incident happens at your work site.
It is designed to provide best practices, methodology, and principles of
This course is designed to introduce employees, students, and management to best practices, methodology, and principles of Active Shooter Preparedness and Training.
Each course is tailored to its specific segment: Company/Industry, Schools and Universities, Government Facilities, Places of Worship and Public Venues.
The information in this course is invaluable, and transferrable – no matter where you are: at work, school, or a public gathering place. We provide you with the tools, information, and mindset to be prepared for an active shooter event.
what you will get from this course
A certificate of completion to show your staff that
Our team of experts will <insert more content here>.
PREVENTION: Recognize and deal with indicators of potential active shooter behavior.
RESPONSE: Techniques you can use wen confronted with an active shooter event.
RECOVERY: Learn what to expect and how to act when first responders arrive.
Upon completion of Active Shooter Preparedness, employees and managers will be able to:
- Describe the actions to take when confronted with an active shooter and to assist responding law enforcement officials;
- Recognize potential workplace violence indicators;
- Describe actions to take to prevent and prepare for potential active shooter incidents; and
- Describe how to manage the consequences of an active shooter incident.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO PROTECT MY COMPANY?
Investing in your family, employees, and managers doesn't <insert more content >
The investment in this course to protect your family, employees, and managers is
Pricing is based on the size of your establishment.
what is the length of this course?
Insert content here
frequently asked questions
Q. How much is the cost of this course?
A. content goes here
Q. What is the length of this course?
A. content goes here
Q. Where do you train my employees, security, and management team?
A. content goes here
Q. Question goes here?
A. content goes here
Have more questions?
IS YOUR COMPANY PREPARED AND TRAINED FOR AN ACTIVE SHOOTER?